Sunday, June 20, 2010

Final Days in Italy

Well, this is it, my last weekend in Italy.  It is so hard to believe that these four weeks went by in a flash.  It felt like just last week I learned of the abroad in Brescia program, and felt like just yesterday I was rigorously preparing and packing my belongings, and now it's already over.  Needless to say I had good times here in Brescia and all of Italy.

This weekend was pretty leisurely for me.  I had my finals on Thursday and packed my suitcases.  Friday and Saturday I was feeling pretty lousy so I stayed in my apartment and packed.  Today, as our last day, Elisa was very generous and invited us to her house for lunch!  We all participated in cooking tiramisu, chicken and mushrooms, and pasta.  I really enjoyed cooking with everyone because it gave us an opportunity to work together and taste the fruit of our labor.  Of course I won't be a professional cook after today.  Now I'm preparing to head back to the United States
I have a lot of positive things to look back on from my stay in Italy.  I loved living in and attending school in Brescia while at the same time learning about its history, culture, learning the language, and visiting other cities in Italy including Rome, Venice, Florence, and Milan.  In these four weeks I have done more traveling than I have done in many years.  Brescia was a wonderful city and a city full of history, and I loved spending time there.  I will miss Italy very much, especially shopping, eating Italian cuisine, and living the Italian lifestyle in general.  I received a true taste of Italy and part of my ancestral roots.

This trip had its ups and downs, but all were overcome.  I highly recommend Brescia to any students who wish to study abroad.  Italy is a wonderful country with lots of inetresting and fascinating places to see and fun things to do.  Plus, Elisa and Dr. Clewis were very supportive of me and everyone in the group and made sure we were all comfortable and prepared for the trip.  I have no doubts that any student who decides to go abroad in Brescia will be in good hands. 

Once again, I will miss Italy very much, I really had a lot of fun.  Nonetheless, I will be so happy to finally return to my home in America, where my family will be there to welcome me back with open arms.  I don't know when the next time I go to Italy will be, or if I will go to another country anytime soon, but this trip is one I will remember for life.  But it's great to be going back home to the USA!!!!!  Arrivederci!!!!

-Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment