Monday, June 7, 2010

Meeting with the high school students.

Today we had our first Italian quiz. Before Mrs. Clewis gave us our quiz we were broken up into two seperate groups to go and talk with the Italian students from the high school. I was in the first group so I was told I would be taking my quiz later. When we went into the classroom all of the students looked at us and smilied like we were famous. The teacher then told us we could have about a half hour to converse with the students about things we wanted to know about them and things they wanted to know about us Americans. We all sat in a circle and we introduced ourselves in Italian. The students were very impressed with the way we could introduce ourselves and I was happy that finally someone could understand me. To my surprise the Italian students were just like us. They had difficulties in school and lived the same life as us. One of my questions to the Italian students were about if they atteneded a prom or not. I was told that there was no such thing as a prom. They instead celebrate something to finish off the end of the year. I also found out that the students had a choice of what kind of school they wanted to attend after they were finished middle school. I asked one Italian student, "Why did you choose this high school?" She responed with, " I really like to study and I really would like to attend the Catholic University after Liceo which means a classical high school. These students are pushed to their highest limits to be successful in their studies. Overall I really enjoy studying Itailian in this school building and I am at ease to know we are accpeted in their school.  =)

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment